Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Really? This is my life??

That's what I was thinking last night. G had fire practice, so it was me and the kids, yet again. I had to register Luke for hockey, so we went and did that. Got McDonald's on the way, kids got slushies and ring pops at the ice rink, so things were good so far. Then went to CVS for school supplies, since I have to register Luke for 1st grade tomorrow and drop off all the school supplies when I register. I let the kids each get one toy, since I was paying for the whole trip with CVS Reward Bucks....I bought about $20 worth of stuff for $1.11 -- woo hoo! I still had to go to Office Max, which I was going to save until the next day, but we had to drive past there anyway, so I figured we wouldn't be in there long. BIG MISTAKE. I'm looking at the markers and Caity finds a big bucket of those foam stickers used for art projects that she wants. The buckets were $9....no way was I going to buy that for her after buying her crap from CVS. Well, of course she threw a fit, wouldn't move from the aisle, crying, screaming that she wanted the big stickers. They had a smaller pack that I was trying to tell her I would buy that she could earn if she got 5 coupons.....yeah right. At this point, I only had one more thing I needed, so I wasn't about to leave the store. Luckily, no one was giving me any really bad looks, even though I did give her a pretty good smack on the butt when she was pinching and hitting me. Thinking back, I probably shouldn't have done that, I might end up on the news with security cameras, etc. We finally got out of there, she's still crying in the backseat, Luke is saying that he doesn't like Caity as a sister and we get on the highway. I turn up the radio, which of course Caity doesn't like, so she takes off her seat belt and stands up. This sends Luke into full hysterics.....Caity's crying and yelling for me to turn off the radio, Luke's yelling for me to pull over and that we're going to get arrested. I pull over on I-43, put my hazards on, and try to reason with 2 hysterical kids. She finally got buckled back in, they both continued to cry. Our final stop was Walgreens to pick up the chewable Amoxicillan for Caity, since she doesn't like the liquid form.....I get it in the drive thru and she wants to see it right away. I get one out and think this will be great, she can eat it right now and it will be all done. HA. Right away she says she doesn't like it. 1/4 mile from home she unbuckles again.....Luke's hysterical again, this time we sat on the side of the road for about 5 minutes, I got her to sit in the seat and drove home with her unbuckled. Get home, get all her stuff and take her up to her room.....after MUCH coaxing, I finally get her to take the liquid amoxicillan with a syringe full of chocolate syrup. This morning was much worse -- we had to hold her down.

Tonight I have to run a couple more errands, while Gary plays softball.....might not be pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment