Saturday, July 25, 2009

Grova - the cat.....

ADDED: about a minute after I posted this, C comes out of the bathroom with Grova in the box we brought her home in, all closed up....she claims that Grova really likes that. L is telling her now that the cat hates her.

Well, we pulled the trigger and got a cat last night from the humane society. Her name is Grova, she's 1, and she's brown and black, tortoiseshell. She's a very nice cat so far. BUT, C is driving me more nuts than she did before. We kept Grova in the 1/2 bath last night, just to get her used to being in a new place - the humane society told us to do this. C was in there by herself and all of the sudden I hear her spraying something....she was spraying air freshener in that little space with the cat in there. Nice. Of course she denied it! Then, she's picking up the cat CONSTANTLY. Grova is going to end up hating her. When Grova was out of the bathroom last night recovering from the air freshener, C was trying to get her to go outside, even though we told her several times that the cat does NOT go outside. Stupid me, I was thinking that this cat might keep her busy and out of our hair.....yeah right. L has been really good with her.

This morning, we've let Grova out for awhile and C just chases her around, picking her up. I had to stop her from putting her on the counter....."But, MOM, she WANTS to go on the counter...." UGH. C also got some cat hair in her mouth, which she hates when any hair is in her mouth. I thought I got all of it out. Next thing I know, she got a cup full of water and she was pouring it on her tongue....all over the floor. Awesome.

I'm SO glad that we're about to leave to run some errands in about 10 minutes. I'm sure they will be getting in trouble while we're out, too....fun times.

This afternoon is our block party and it looks like an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment