Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dead Fish

In less than a month all 4 fish that we got have died. I'm not too broken up about it, to say the least. I really didn't like cleaning out the tank. The first fish we got was from the Saukville 4th of July fireworks, where they had carnival games. L probably spent $10 of my money trying to win one. It reminded me of when I was around his age and I wanted a fish at a carnival so bad and my dad wasn't able to win one for me. I left crying.....the guy running the game felt bad and ended up giving me one. The fish died overnight. So, this fish that L won, it made it through the night and we went to Petsmart the next morning to get a tank, where I found out these fish were 13 cents each!!! Are you kidding me?? So, we got 2 more. Then a week later, L won another one at another carnival. The names of the 4 fish were Ernie, Otis, David and I can't remember the 4th one. We'll see if C realizes the fish are gone....


C is still having fun at G-ma's & G-pa's house. Here's a picture of her getting her haircut....
My mom said that one of her favorite things to do there this week is taking out pieces of fabric that my mom has for sewing and laying them out, folding them up and doing that over and over. She does that with a lot of things....blankets, plates, cups, etc.
I played a 3-hour doubles tennis match last night....I feel hungover today! I'm so tired, thirsty, hungry and just plain wore out. We lost the match, too. Just barely. Next week is our last match. L is done with baseball now, too. G is almost done with softball, so at least we'll have about a month of not much to do after work before school starts and then hockey will start not long after that......

No comments:

Post a Comment